Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Birthday Dinner: Hoisin Baked Trout w/ Lemon and Leeks, Wild Rice and Roasted Asparagus

Can you see where I get my love of food from? My ma! Now I can’t take credit for this dinner because this is my mom’s cooking! Ok, I did give her the idea for a hoisin glaze which she ran with and made her own and even then, I can’t even take credit because I got the idea from Dinner with Julie’s salmon rendition! When I was in town for mother’s day we also celebrated my birthday. Why is it there’s nothing like a home cooked meal made by mom? A trip home was just what I needed!

Hoisin Glazed Salmon
Hoisin Sauce
Sesame Oil
Chili flakes
Black Pepper
Warm Water

1 Salmon fillet
Leeks, sliced
1 Lemon, sliced


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine sauce ingredients to your taste and add enough warm water till you have sauce consistency.
2. On a lined baking sheet sprinkle leeks and lemon on the bottom and salmon fillet on top, skin side down. Top with hoisin glaze and bake for 20-25 min or until just cooked.

No comments: