Saturday, May 24, 2008

Chocolate Banana "Pudding"

I think I might be the only one excited about this new discovery...but I'm sharing it with you anyways! For my birthday I recieved some Valrhona cocoa powder and I was trying to think of new ways to use this amazing product and it came to me, what if I combined my favorite yogurt with cocoa powder?! Much more healthy than homemade pudding and super easy, I just took some strawberry yogurt I had in my fridge and mixed it with the cocoa powder and voila! I layered the bottom of the glass with sliced banana, spooned the "pudding" in and topped it with amaretti cookies ala Giada De Laurentiis style. Next time I might try whipping some egg whites and folding it in, then you can call it chocolate mousse. Instant dessert!

Chocolate Banana "Pudding"
1 cup favorite yogurt (Greek style would make it more rich)
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 banana sliced
1 ameretti cookie, crumbled

No comments: