Monday, April 21, 2008

Go Fish: Crispy Halibut Fish Burger with Lemon Dill Tartar Sauce

The title is fitting because that is exactly what I did! I went to Go Fish for lunch today. Go Fish is a little fish shack located right near Granville Island and with only outdoor seating, it is best to go when the sun is shining so you can sit out over the dock. I was supposed to go down to Granville Island Market to the fish vendor and pick up some halibut for dinner tonight but of course I got a little sidetracked with thoughts of the salmon tacone and had to go get one. While finishing it I thought, do I really want fish again for dinner tonight? ( yea that’s me, already thinking of my next meal, while still eating the meal before it!) but then I remembered the plain yogurt I had straining in the fridge being thickened, for my healthy version of a tartar sauce. So off to the market I went! Lately I have been trying to do a healthy twist on foods that I love so this is my version of a fish burger, a whole grain bun instead of a white bun, breaded, pan fried and finished in the oven crispy halibut instead of deep fried battered halibut and tartar sauce made with thickened yogurt instead of mayonnaise. As you can see from the picture I looove tartar sauce and now I don't have to feel guilty about using so much!

Crispy Halibut Fish Burger with Lemon Dill Tartar Sauce
(for 1 person)
1 whole grain bun
1 tomato
1 handful mixed greens
1 halibut filet
1/4 cup whole grain flour
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
s+p

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and preheat small frying pan with a little oil in it. Mix together egg and milk and season flour and bread crumbs with salt and pepper.

2. Dredge halibut in flour, then egg wash then bread crumbs. Pan fry on both sides until golden brown finish in the oven until done, about 5-6 min depending on thickness of filet.

Lemon Dill Tartar sauce
3 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1/2 cup sweet pickles, diced
3 tbsp capers, chopped
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic
s+p

1.To thicken yogurt place a strainer with paper towel over a bowl, place yogurt in strainer and set in fridge for atleast 1 hr or more.
2.Combine ingredients together with thickened yogurt and chill in fridge.

No comments: