Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Calgary for Thanksgiving because really, how could I miss out on Ma's turkey and croissant bacon stuffing? Yea that's right croissants. In my suitcase I brought back farmers market potatoes, tomatoes, grapes, local sausage, fresh shucked corn, cranberries as well Stumptown coffee.
I was in charge of the sides so I did fresh cranberry sauce with aged balsamic, brussels sprouts with bacon and shallots, garlic butter corn and green beans, beet salad with feta, dill and pickled onions and mashed potatoes with truffle salt.
See my mom's cookbook collection in the corner? Whole lot of awesome right there. I've been known to sit myself in that corner pulling books out for inspiration.


I was feeling slightly under the weather when I flew in and my very thoughtful Ma had a pot of homemade chicken soup ready to go. Yup this was my favorite bowl when I was little, look how happy the Campbell's soup girl is!


My brother, sister-in-law and I did the Grotto Canyon hike near Canmore, incredible! We came to the conclusion that what would be the point of a hike unless you have the goal to stop for lunch? We are so Asian. We also like to take A LOT of pictures.

Dessert! Ma made Pumpkin and Lemon Meringue Pie, her pies are serious perfection.

No comments: