Spicy Veggie Walnut Burgers
1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 parsnip, grated
1 small yam, grated (yield approx 1 cup)
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 onion, fine diced
6 cloves garlic, fine diced
12 white button mushrooms, chopped
1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1/4 cup walnuts
1/8 cup chili garlic sauce
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp montreal steak spice
1/2-1 cup breadcrumbs (explained below)
4 whole wheat buns
1. Using a potato masher, mash chickpeas until it becomes a chunky paste.
2. In a pan saute garlic, onions and mushrooms, let cool and combine with chickpeas.
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients in, except for breadcrumbs.
4. When well combined slowly add in bread crumbs until mixture comes together and is no longer moist. Form into patties and set in fridge, preferably for atleast 30 minutes
5. Heat oil in a pan and pan fry until golden and crispy on each side
2 Firm Tomatoes
Caramelized onions (the quick way)
1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
1. Heat a pan on high with oil, add in onions and spread out evenly in pan. Only stir when you see the onions start to go brown, lower heat a bit and saute until caramelized. Season with s+p and if for some reason the onion isn't sweet enough, add a pinch of sugar
Roasted Portobello Mushrooms
4 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
Montreal Steak spice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss portobello's in oil, steak spice and garlic. Roast for 12 min or until portobellos turn slightly soft.
Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Basil Aioli
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt that has been strained)
3 tbsp roasted red bell pepper spread (or pureed, roasted red bell peppers)
1 clove garlic
3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1. Combine all ingredients and let sit in fridge.